Please inform me of any general contraindications?
Remember that it is your responsibility to seek the attention of a health care professional before and during the use of this product, which is not marketed as a medical device, nor claimed to be able to heal or cure any sickness.
It is always recommended to consult with a physician before using the hot stone mat.
The following may not be a full list of contraindications but if you have any of them, avoid using the far-infrared mat in a heating mode completely (unless you get approval from your doctor).
Also, many contraindications are conditional and require the approval of either your doctor or a health professional experienced in far infrared sauna therapy.
- The recipients of any organ transplant should not use FIR or PEMF mats. After organ transplant operations, patients usually are prescribed immunosuppressant drugs to help prevent their immune system from rejecting the transplanted organs. FIR and PEMF therapies increase immune system function, which is absolutely contraindicated for organ transplant recipients.*
- Pacemakers and defibrillators users should not use the FIR or PEMF mats in powered modes without cardiologist approval. The function of these devices may be interfered with by the mats’ magnetic or heating functions.*
- Avoid using the far-infrared mat in a heating mode completely (unless you get approval from your doctor) in the case of a recent stroke, aortic stenosis, myocardial infarction, heart attack, unstable angina pectoris, if you take corticosteroids, or have brain or other tumors.
- Anybody with diseases associated with a reduced ability to sweat or insensitivity to heat should use the FIR Mat without the heat, in negative ions mode.*
- Nobody with diagnosed diseases, ailments, or medical conditions should ever use FIR devices without approval from and/or supervision of a physician. It may be extremely dangerous to raise the body temperature too high levels for people with Adrenal suppression disorders, Addison’s disease, adrenal Insufficiency, systematic lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis (MS), brain tumors, bypass surgery, high hypertension, or some other conditions.*
- Extra care is necessary if you are diagnosed with diabetes. You should start very slowly and monitor your blood sugar. If you have diabetic neuropathy and loss of sensitivity, you should use a strict time/frequency/temperature protocol established by your doctor, and preferably under supervision.
- Newborns and infants should not use heat or magnetic therapy. Children may use the mat with caution only with the doctor’s approval and under the supervision of adults, and only in low heat or negative ion mode.*
- Expectant women should not use the mat in heating mode. Excessive temperatures have a potential for fetal damage. You should consult a physician before use.*
- Pain should not be experienced when using the mat. However, the infrared heat will go to areas of disease or discomfort —some people may perceive this as pain and others as a sensation. If pain is persistent, discontinue use.*
- Anyone taking corticosteroids or other medications or currently undergoing medical treatments, radiation, or chemotherapy should consult a physician before using the mat in heating mode.*
- People under the influence of medicines, sleeping aids, drugs, alcohol, or intoxication and patients with mental impairments or dementia should never use the mat, sauna,s or other heating devices.
- Anybody experiencing a high fever should not use the mat in heating mode. Only the negative ions function can be used until the fever stops.*
- Anyone with fresh wounds, trauma, joint injuries, or swollen hot joints where cold therapy is necessary should not use the FIR mat in a heating mode to avoid exacerbating any inflammation.*
- Anyone with a mental or physical disability or those with limited mobility should use MediCrystal mats in the negative-ions-only mode unless under the full supervision of a medical professional and have a doctor’s approval.*
- Stop using the mat if any known conditions worsen while using it.
If you have any of these conditions, avoid using the mat completely unless under the care of a doctor with expertise in hot stone mat or sauna detoxification.
While the above are some of the conditions which may pose dangers through FIR Mat use, definitely check with your doctor or a health professional experienced in Far Infrared or sauna therapy about your specific medical condition.
Remember that It is essential to properly hydrate with pure and mineralized water before and after sessions with the mat.